What shouldn’t be missed for a Khao Sok trip is Cheow Lan Dam or Ratchaprapha Dam or Khao Sok Lake. Completed in 1987 the dam serves as the hydroelectric power generator. As a result, it also creates a beautiful gigantic reservoir with a large number of towering limestone mountains and small and large islands which once were limestone peaks. Moss underneath the deep water enhances the emerald green colour of water in the lake making it looks more like sea water. The topography of the lake is similar to that of Guilin in China, hence the reservoir is given the name “Guilin of Thailand”.
A one day Khao Sok package tour can be done to appreciate the majestic landscape. But most tourists love to spend a night or two on a raft house floating on the lake.
Sleeping on the raft house surrounded by peaceful nature will give you an unforgettable experience.
Popular activities for overnight tourists are taking long-tail boat trips to watch the scenery in the early morning and to observe wild animals at night. Swimming, canoeing and fishing are equally interesting. For adventure lovers, you can join a cave expedition. In the nearby area there are a few caves to explore. One is Nam Tha Lu Cave and the other is Pakarang Cave.
07:30 Pick up time (Phuket)
- Hotel transfer
- Arrive at Khao Sok for an exciting elephant trekking (1 hr.) The trek will take you through a tropical rainforest.
- Stop at the scenic viewpoint
- Stop at the Monkey Cave
- Riverside lunch
- Flying fox 200 m
- Depart from long-tail boat pier. Sightseeing
- Check in at raft house
- Lake canoeing, nature watching
- Relax, swim in the fresh water lake
- Night safari by long-tail boat
***(Night safari may be cancelled if it rains.)
07:30 Safari breakfast
- Sightseeing and watching various species of animals by long-tail boat (45 mins)
- Cave expedition, to explore stalagmites and stalactites in the cave
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Depart from Cheow Lan Lake (Khao Sok Lake)
18:30 Arrive to Phuket